Faculty and staff are an integral part of our mission to honor God by developing academic abilities and broadening educational experiences while deepening Christian faith. Scroll down for a listing of open positions.
To apply, email a completed application form and resume to
or mail to Sarasota Christian School, Human Resources, 5415 Bahia Vista Street, Sarasota, FL 34232. Faculty applicants, please furnish transcripts as well.
Employment Application Forms
Faculty Positions Available
Desirable teaching candidates will have a bachelor's degree and teach in the field in which they are academically prepared, or possess a minimum of 12 semester hours and/or in-service equivalents. They will also be educationally certified by the State of Florida or be willing to complete a professional educator certificate requirement before a second year of instruction begins.
- High School Dual Enrollment Science Teacher: This part-time position is needed for 2017-18; it includes teaching one period of a yearlong introductory college Life Science course that includes a lab credit. In future years, more dual enrollment Science courses will be added to this position. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 18 hours in graduate level Science courses that can be approved by the sponsoring institution (Southeastern University) in order to be qualified to teach dual enrollment Science on our campus.
- Middle School English Teacher: This full-time position is needed for 2017-18.
- Elementary Teacher: Due to enrollment growth an additional class section is needed for the 2017-18 school year.
Staff Positions Available
Coaching Positions Available
- High School Varsity Girls Basketball Head Coach
- Middle School Varsity Girls Basketball Head Coach
Sarasota Christian School is committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment. It is the school's policy to employ faculty and staff on the basis of their qualifications, experience, knowledge, and ability to perform essential functions of the job. Decisions regarding recruitment, selection, placement, and continued employment are based on job-related criteria without regard to the individual's race, color, national origin, age, gender, or disability.
Desirable candidates will be in agreement with the Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective and Principles of Professional Conduct of the Education Profession in Florida, and share a passion for working with students in a Christ-centered academic environment.