Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
We know that family is the single most influential factor in the life of a child and that parents lay the foundation for the character education we incorporate into our curriculum. The openness and sharing between Sarasota Christian School and its families help to build on that foundation and the continued growth in a child’s spiritual, academic, and character development.
Given the importance of our families, we at Sarasota Christian School value our parents and are very pleased with the role parents play in our rich and caring community.
The PTA of Sarasota Christian School works cooperatively in the interest of students and the school. It seeks to promote the interest and involvement of parents, provide helpful, interesting and informative meetings, and raise supplemental funds through approved fundraisers for school purchases. PTA meetings, activities and events such as teacher appreciation are scheduled throughout the school year. Your active support of this organization is needed and appreciated.
The objective and purpose of PTA is to:
1. Provide a forum for parents, teachers, students and administrators to communicate ideas regarding Sarasota Christian School.
2. Develop a home/school relationship where parents, teachers, students and administrators cooperate to further the education of the students.
3. Provide for Christian fellowship and social contacts among parents, teachers, students and administrators.
4. Participate in fundraising activities in a secondary rather than a primary role.
Regular PTA Programs and Events Include:
- Monthly Coffee Hour: the first Friday of every month held in the main building hallway
- Swim Night: usually in September of each year
- Family Dinner Nights: held throughout the school year
- New Parent Welcome Dinner
- School Uniforms
- Parent Enrichment Speaker Series: held throughout the school year on topics relevant to today’s parenting
- Semi-annual General Meetings: September and January
- Teacher Appreciation Events such as a Back-to-School Breakfast, Teacher Conference Day Lunch, and Teacher Appreciation Week
Jeff Kral, Chair
Cher Palmer, Vice Chair
Bobbi Workman, Secretary
George Alberici, Treasurer
Donna Williams, Member-at-Large
Patti Thirion, Member-at-Large
PTA Committee Chairs
Cher Palmer & Stephanie Crowley, Fellowship Events
Karen Ferguson, Room Parents
Jackie Hester, Parent Education
Andrea Wagler, Parent Coffee Hour
Christine Winsler, Fundraising
Kim Byers, Uniforms